I don't enter many contests and giveaways. I only enter the ones that I really want to win on blogs/sites that I read regularly. This post, my friends, is an entry to win a new Husqvarna Viking Serger on Sew Mama Sew! OMG! I feel like squealing like a little girl at a NKOTB concert. Here is my entry:
My life would definitely be better with a serger. Definitely. And how!
1. I'd be happier. And everyone knows that when mama's happy, everyone's happy. Mostly. Ask the baby, he knows.
2. I would have the time and ability to work with more knits. And I loves me some knits. There's this gorgeous tan with black, mustard, and white flowers that I've been eying. Makes me all warm and fuzzy just thinking about it. Sadly, this mobile phone photo doesn't do it justice...
3. I would spend less dough by making more clothes for my family instead of buying them. BUT! I'd still be pumping money into the economy because I'd have to the buy the fabrics to make the clothes. Aw yeah! I'd also save a bit of dough if I won this here serger, because, you know, I wouldn't be buying it. But, on a serious note, I don't think I'd be buying one anytime soon anyway, we just can't afford it.
4. I'd be able to turn the designs in my head into real life garments. And everyone knows (sing it with me) the best part of waking up is sewing something up!
5. I'd be able to add cool serged top stitching. A serger can do that right? Topstitch?
6. I could sew faster, or sew they say - I wouldn't know, as I don't have a serger. Sewing faster would mean that I could spend more time with my kids. And more time with my kids means a happier mama, refer to #1 above.
I don't want to be a cool cat, really. I just want to be able to sew more and sew more efficiently. As a wife and working mother, it's pretty difficult to find time to sit down and sew - I really need to get the most out of what time I do have. This serger would help. Here's to hoping.